Global Teacher Prize 2017: Check out the top 10 finalists
The names of top 10 finalists for the Global Teacher Prize 2016 was announced on February 17. The winner will be announced in an evening ceremony on March 19 at the Global Education and Skills Forum in Dubai. Teachers play the most significant role in our lives. Apart from providing academic education, they also play a pivotal role in shaping our conscience. The names of top 10 finalists for the Global Teacher Prize 2016 was announced on February 17. The Global Teacher Prize is a US $1 million award presented annually to an exceptional teacher who has made an outstanding contribution to their profession.
The winner will be announced in an evening ceremony on March 19 at the Global Education and Skills Forum in Dubai. The prize is awarded by the Varkey Foundation.
As per an NDTV report, Binoy Job, Academy Member (Jury), Global Teacher Prize said, "Teachers are the greatest catalysts of change in human life. A good teacher can turn an ordinary person into an extra-ordinary leader. They are the true heroes of human transformation but they hardly get their due recognition. Global Teachers Prize is an effort to recognize their contribution to society.''
Top 10 finalists
- Salima Begum: Elementary College for Women Gilgit Pakistan
- David Calle: Online Spain
- Raymond Chambers: Brooke Weston Academy United Kingdom
- Marie-Christine Ghanbari Jahromi: Gesamtschule Gesche Germany
- Tracy-Ann Hall: Jonathan Grant High Jamaica
- Maggie MacDonnell: Ikusik School Canada
- Wemerson da Silva Nogueira: EEEFM Antonio dos Santos Neves Brazil
- Ken Silburn: Casula High School Australia
- Michael Wamaya: K.A.G School Kibera Kenya
- Boya Yang: The Affiliated Middle School of Kunming Teachers College China
This article has been taken from India Today Website. To know more please cick on the below mentioned link: