Pilot Scheme To Free Students From School Bags
The Haryana government would implement a new pilot scheme in 50 schools in the state for the upcoming academic session under which students will not be carrying bags and their books would be kept in schools. "The scheme will be implemented throughout the state after the success of the pilot project," Additional Chief Secretary, School Education, P K Das said here today.
Mr. P K Das also said that:
- The education department is committed towards fostering stress-free and joyful atmosphere in schools so that students may develop further interest in studies.
- Giving harsh punishments to children is inhuman and would not be tolerated.
- The last few months Saturdays were being observed as bag-free "Joyful Saturday" in schools in the state, which had received overwhelming response.
- Such programmes not only strengthen the teacher-student relationship, but also make the learning atmosphere stress-free.
- April should be devoted to learning through play under the Class Readiness Programme
Apart from this, April should be devoted to learning through play under the Class Readiness Programme, Das said.
This news has been taken from NDTV. Read the original article here.